Spirits in the Trees ~


Sunday morning I was laying in bed and looking out the window.  It was a very dark, windy morning and the leaves on the tree outside were blowing intermittently.  Staring at the way the leaves danced, I was reminded of when I was a kid and would watch the trees in the wind.  I would stare so hard at the leaves that they would become faces.  Just two days ago when I was doing this, I came up with three different stories in the way the leaves moved.

The first story was of an older couple who were talking about their day and arguing about what to eat for dinner.  The woman had her hair up in a tight bun and the man was wearing a baseball cap.  When the wind blew their mouths moved to make them talk.  After a little while the man turned to the woman and looked down at her with love.  They kissed.

The second story was of a very talented pianist.  He would play to the speed of the wind.  He started playing a slow, haunted ballad, gently caressing the keys.  Then the wind would pick up and so would his song and you would think that he was playing Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca.  No matter how hard the wind blew he never lost his rhythm.

The third and final story, was of a girl walking her collie.  It was kind of perfect because the leaves in the wind made it look like she was walking on a windy day.  Her coat whipping around her and her winter hat barely staying on.  She had a tight grip on the leash of her dog, let's call him Rocky, and they were going on their daily walk.  A couple minutes went by and the dog turned his face to her, almost as if he wanted her to throw a stick for him to chase. 

I used to think I could talk to the wind and it would talk back.  I still do this every once in a while.  I love when I leave work and get hit by a gust of wind and the way the air smells and how it greets you after a long day at the office.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog