Daily Planners. Schedules. Routines. Time Management. We are expected to have everything handled as adults. We are expected to be organized and timely and productive. For me, I always ask everyone else how they do it, what they do, when they do things, why they do things and they can answer all the questions I throw at them but at the end of the day it really comes down to what works FOR ME. I can Google what Taylor Swift’s daily routine looks like or what Jennifer Aniston eats in a day or what Lea Michele does for workouts and it will result in me just browsing the web and ending up on a story about the Kardashians.
I look at the lives of people who I admire and try to live my day like they do. It doesn’t work for me because I am NOT THEM. I am ME. I finally had this realization when I tried waking up at four thirty in the morning to start my day and go to bed at eleven…..no thank you. I tried to eat six small meals a day and make sure they were a couple hours apart. I tried doing two workouts a day. I tried doing cardio all week and then tried doing cardio and weight training together….I am at that point where writing down lists and different routines doesn’t help me. I like checking off my to do lists but I found that I like writing out the lists more than I actually enjoyed completing them!!
This had to change.
A couple months ago I wanted to purchase a meal/workout plan from a personal trainer who my fiancé was seeing. My fiancé ended up buying them for me for a birthday present which was a nice surprise and I worked with the personal trainer one on one to understand how each exercise worked. That workout plan sat in my room collecting dust and under a bunch of other papers for months. My nutrition also was all over the place. I used to eat a lot, indulging on things I really shouldn’t be indulging in…(it upsets my stomach when I do). I would eat in bulk OR I wouldn’t eat enough. This wasn’t good. I needed balance in my life and only I can do this. Researching about it won’t make me do it, looking at Instagram stories of fit girls won’t make me do it, dreaming, wishing, hoping for it won’t make me do it and won’t make anything happen. I have to do it, I have to get off my butt and JUST DO IT.
Over the weekend I had a family get together and I did graze on food that wouldn’t be considered “healthy” to most but it was a huge improvement from what I usually ate. I think Sunday it hit me that I enjoyed eating healthy and enjoyed a little treat as well. Balance. This is what balance is. Finding a happy medium for everything in your life. At this point I feel like I am just ranting, so here is a quote I love:
“Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.”
Robert Fulgham
My goals to live a balanced life:
PHYSICAL HEALTH: EXTERNAL/INTERNAL:
Fitness: work out four to five times a week; stretch after each workout; meditate/yoga on weekends
Nutrition: eat hearty meals (three meals a day); eat only when I’m hungry; drink 4 to 6 water bottles a day; drink protein shake within ten minutes after my workout; enjoy a treat on Sunday
MENTAL HEALTH:
Keep a journal: write down all my emotions/thoughts for the day; try and write a blog entry every day; read; think - feel - think- feel- think - feel and then respond, don’t just react
EMOTIONAL HEALTH:
Say ‘no’ more to things I don’t really want to do; meet new people; learn more; develop a passion/hobby; get enough sleep - go to bed and wake up at the same time every week day (change time on weekends - not by much)
SPIRITUAL HEALTH:
Go outside in nature; travel more (doesn’t have to be far); pray every day; read daily prayers and daily verse app every morning; purchase my own Bible and daily devotional book to read
**** I believe, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health are all one in the same for example: I put yoga/meditate in my physical health topic but it could also go under any other of the three topics****
(I just wrote that list out as an example. You do what works FOR YOU)
OTHER OVERALL HEALTH GOALS:
- Turning my phone off for long periods of time and not being in front of any type of screen: computer, phone OR TV
- Be more spontaneous
- Go explore on my own - get library card; go to museum; go on a mini road trip
- Outdoor activities - hiking; trail walks
Love,
Rose
Comments
Post a Comment