I just watched Lady Gaga's documentary: Five Foot Two.
AMAZING.
Seeing Lady Gaga show who she really is as a performer behind the scenes as well as living her life at home was so inspiring. She showed us who she was in her raw, natural, pure state. I watched it and I laughed, cried and had chills when she sang. Her voice is absolutely magical. She is magical. This is going to be one of my shorter blog posts because I don't want to go on and on and on because I can. I just wanted to share this with you because it officially is my favorite documentary of the year. Plus I am currently listening to her album Joanne.
I highly recommend you check out her documentary. Please watch all through the credits too because in the credits it says to visit: https://bornthisway.foundation. It is a foundation that was co-founded by Lady Gaga that empowers youth and inspires bravery for those who struggle with chronic pain. You see in the documentary that Gaga struggles with fibromyalgia and chronic pain. This foundation also brings light to education about youth mental wellness.
There have been many female artists releasing beautiful music. I look up to these women because I also have been writing songs since middle school. I am currently working on my first CD and it has been very healing for me. One of my favorite quotes Lady Gaga said in Five Foot Two about how she writes most of her songs is:
"I had to go into the deepest pain in my life. I had to go into the part of myself that you don’t want to face.”
This quote really speaks to me because most of the songs I have written so far have come from the darkest parts of my soul and the purest parts of my heart. I hope to finish editing all my songs and then add music to them and then just have it for me. I don't think I want to give it to anybody because I know that I'm not ready for that yet, but I want to have it for me to listen to and to have a diary of my life.

Comments
Post a Comment