This is my first post, on my first blog and I am super new to this so please bear with me. I didn't major in English but I do love to read and journal freely so if I have any grammatical/spelling errors I will apologize for them in advance.
I created this blog for a couple of reasons, the main one being I believe writing is very therapeutic for the soul and to get all of my thoughts out on paper will definitely be healing. I love writing with a pen and a notebook that has a cool design on it, but that can sometimes give my hand carpal tunnel and I believe that my typing skills are good to the point where I can type as fast as I can think the words.
Another reason I created this blog is because I hope to own my own online business some day and work from home. Whether or not I will be selling actual products to people I'm not sure of yet or if I just want to be a life coach of some sorts and just give you advice from my life experience so far. The ideas and dreams and hopes are all still in the works.
I feel as though this first blog entry will be a lot of free writing as well as introducing myself to the blogging community. So here goes:
My name is Rosalee or Rose or Rosie depending on how you are related to me or how close I am to you. I am 23 years old and live in the Green Mountain State. I grew up here in Vermont and love the four seasons, although this Autumn hasn't been very Autumn-like. Still having days where it is extremely warm but today is promising because it is more gloomy out and cooler and feels like Fall. I am the youngest of four and I absolutely adore my parents and siblings. We are all scattered around the East Coast but still try and find time to spend together. It is very rare that we are all in the same place at the same time. Those moments are rare but precious.
I have looked up to my family members when it comes to careers and lifestyle choices and I have been recently struggling with finding consistency, routine and my true, genuine passion in life. I am passionate ABOUT life and LOVE life, I just don't know how to approach life....should I approach it from the question: "who do I want to be" OR "what do I want to do?"
When I was in middle school/high school I wanted to be a singer/songwriter. In college, I created my own major of: dance/theatre/music for independent study program. Events took place, my life turned upside down and I lost all desire to keep pursuing this major/career. I still write songs to this day because it has helped me on my journey and also has been a nice creative outlet/hobby.
Then I went through a period of time where I was torn between wanting to be a high school guidance counselor and a nurse/doctor....I mostly wanted to be these things because I have seen the roles played on two of my favorite TV shows: Glee & Grey's Anatomy. Emma Pilsbury - Guidance Counselor and Meredith Grey - Surgical Intern. I know the real jobs aren't going to be Hollywood in any way and I always tend to romanticize everything in life...plus I didn't want to go back to college and be in more debt so I decided against these.
I now work for a Customs Brokerage Company as an administrative assistant and I do love this job very much. I love the people I work for. I have noticed that no matter how many times I change my mind about my career, where I want to live, or what meal I want from a restaurant menu, I need to lead with my heart. When it comes to careers I have always been fascinated with the idea of working from home, owning my own business, or being an online life coach helping others be the best version of themselves and living the best life they can. That is what I am striving for and if I can help inspire at least one person to chase down their dreams and follow their heart, then I see that as a major success. I would love to travel and working from home and being my own boss will give me the freedom to travel when I want to and where I want to and still be able to work anywhere. I love social media so I believe that this would help me in creating my business/brand/service and how I want to present myself. I will take a look at the menu of life, look at all the delicious options and might try something new every once in a while, but knowing what I truly want and what I truly desire I will order what I know will make me happy.
Do what makes you happy, never give up on your dreams, make them come true, and it doesn't matter what everybody else thinks. Live your life FOR YOU.
Hope I didn't bore you or lose you yet and I hope the content of my blog posts improve over time.
Thank you for taking the time to read!
Love,
Rose
I created this blog for a couple of reasons, the main one being I believe writing is very therapeutic for the soul and to get all of my thoughts out on paper will definitely be healing. I love writing with a pen and a notebook that has a cool design on it, but that can sometimes give my hand carpal tunnel and I believe that my typing skills are good to the point where I can type as fast as I can think the words.
Another reason I created this blog is because I hope to own my own online business some day and work from home. Whether or not I will be selling actual products to people I'm not sure of yet or if I just want to be a life coach of some sorts and just give you advice from my life experience so far. The ideas and dreams and hopes are all still in the works.
I feel as though this first blog entry will be a lot of free writing as well as introducing myself to the blogging community. So here goes:
My name is Rosalee or Rose or Rosie depending on how you are related to me or how close I am to you. I am 23 years old and live in the Green Mountain State. I grew up here in Vermont and love the four seasons, although this Autumn hasn't been very Autumn-like. Still having days where it is extremely warm but today is promising because it is more gloomy out and cooler and feels like Fall. I am the youngest of four and I absolutely adore my parents and siblings. We are all scattered around the East Coast but still try and find time to spend together. It is very rare that we are all in the same place at the same time. Those moments are rare but precious.
I have looked up to my family members when it comes to careers and lifestyle choices and I have been recently struggling with finding consistency, routine and my true, genuine passion in life. I am passionate ABOUT life and LOVE life, I just don't know how to approach life....should I approach it from the question: "who do I want to be" OR "what do I want to do?"
When I was in middle school/high school I wanted to be a singer/songwriter. In college, I created my own major of: dance/theatre/music for independent study program. Events took place, my life turned upside down and I lost all desire to keep pursuing this major/career. I still write songs to this day because it has helped me on my journey and also has been a nice creative outlet/hobby.
Then I went through a period of time where I was torn between wanting to be a high school guidance counselor and a nurse/doctor....I mostly wanted to be these things because I have seen the roles played on two of my favorite TV shows: Glee & Grey's Anatomy. Emma Pilsbury - Guidance Counselor and Meredith Grey - Surgical Intern. I know the real jobs aren't going to be Hollywood in any way and I always tend to romanticize everything in life...plus I didn't want to go back to college and be in more debt so I decided against these.
I now work for a Customs Brokerage Company as an administrative assistant and I do love this job very much. I love the people I work for. I have noticed that no matter how many times I change my mind about my career, where I want to live, or what meal I want from a restaurant menu, I need to lead with my heart. When it comes to careers I have always been fascinated with the idea of working from home, owning my own business, or being an online life coach helping others be the best version of themselves and living the best life they can. That is what I am striving for and if I can help inspire at least one person to chase down their dreams and follow their heart, then I see that as a major success. I would love to travel and working from home and being my own boss will give me the freedom to travel when I want to and where I want to and still be able to work anywhere. I love social media so I believe that this would help me in creating my business/brand/service and how I want to present myself. I will take a look at the menu of life, look at all the delicious options and might try something new every once in a while, but knowing what I truly want and what I truly desire I will order what I know will make me happy.
Do what makes you happy, never give up on your dreams, make them come true, and it doesn't matter what everybody else thinks. Live your life FOR YOU.
Hope I didn't bore you or lose you yet and I hope the content of my blog posts improve over time.
Thank you for taking the time to read!
Love,
Rose
Comments
Post a Comment