Next week is Thanksgiving and 40 days until Christmas!! I just found this website for the Christmas countdown: http://www.xmasclock.com/
I still need to figure out what I am getting my family, three best friends and my fiancé for Christmas!
My family is doing a Yankee swap this year so I just need to buy one present that anybody could use that is under a certain amount of money. I also am trying to think of activities to do this winter that will get me out of the house because in winter time I tend to just want to make hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies in bed all day to stay warm.
I used to go skiing all the time with my Dad growing up. We went every winter for months from when the slopes opened until the very last day. We would ski for hours and I loved the wind on my cheeks and going down the hill and through the paths in the woods. I haven't been skiing in years and I miss it.
I also loved sledding and snowshoeing and playing in snow forts my Dad would build for me with his tractor. I would spend hours outside pretending I was a Snow Leopard princess and the snow piles/forts were my cave/castle.
I don't spend enough time outside anymore. Before having a cellphone and before knowing what social media was, being outside and pretending to be in my own little world and letting my imagination run wild was my favorite entertainment.
Now I am one of the millions around the world who are absorbed in this little rectangle screen we hold in our hands and it seems to be attached to us, a part of us. If someone who didn't know what a cellphone was came to the U.S. they would think we were born with this technology already, our veins connected to WIFI.
Many times I have caught myself on my phone taking pictures of beautiful landscapes, sunsets, sunrises, bodies of water because I want to share it and create a caption for it? Instead of just enjoying it for what it is, enjoying it in the moment, I have to take a picture. Sometimes I want to throw my phone into the lake I am taking a picture of and see how my life would change....
Love,
Rose


Comments
Post a Comment