Good Morning,
Six months into the year and I have been neglecting this
blog….it was one of my new year’s resolutions to write one blog post each week
if not more. A couple of my other New Year’s
Resolutions haven’t been met yet either and for that I’m feeling
discouraged. One of my favorite quotes
says: “Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with
you, for life. Happiness is achieved
when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.” This really stuck with me because it is so
true how we wait for the first day of the month to start new goals, for Monday
to recover from the weekend, for summer to begin our fitness journey. When in reality, we should be beginning again
in the next moment, not the next day or next week or next month. The more we sit and wait for the “right time”
the more we will keep waiting. There is
no such thing as the right time. The
time is NOW.
I need to remind myself of this daily. My birthday was last Friday the sixth and I
turned 24 years old. I can’t believe I
am 24….but it made me think about all the years I would tell myself: “new year,
new me!” I would make a list of goals,
accomplish them for one month and then stop because my heart wasn’t in it, my
mindset wasn’t right or I just wasn’t fully invested in myself. I could read inspirational quote after inspirational
quote and look at Instagram stories of women who seem to have their lives all
together but I know that they only post the “highlights” of their life….but
what would this do? I would compare
myself to them and say: “I can’t ever be like them, I would have to do X, Y and
Z…” That would take too long and I
unfortunately am part of the “instant gratification generation”. If I don’t lose ten pounds in a week, then I
will never lose weight. If I don’t have
a certain number of followers on social media than my content must not
inspire. If I don’t have enough likes on
this photo, I’m not valid enough. The list
goes on and on.
Long story short, I need to set attainable goals for me and
my lifestyle that I want to live. I am going
to be real and that is relatable. The more
real and raw I am about my mistakes, experiences, and journey, the more I can
relate to my audience, the more I can inspire.
Goals for this year until my 25th birthday (where
I will reevaluate)
·
Practice gratitude daily
·
Write blog post at least once a week ~ slowly
work up to daily
·
Become self-employed and self-made ~ (this has
been an ongoing project of mine ~ blog post on this later)
·
Stay connected with family and friends
·
Connect with nature and disconnect from WiFi
more
·
Practice yoga daily
·
Learn about, study and practice transcendental
meditation
·
Exercise 3 to 5 times a week for 30-45 minutes
each ~ dance ~ lift heavy ~ have fun with it
·
Eat whole/natural foods/meal prep
·
Practice self-love and self-care
·
Work on
personal development
·
Read more
·
Journal daily
Love,
Rose
Comments
Post a Comment