Where did 2017 go? I don't know about you, but last year was one of the longest years that went by super fast (if that makes sense).
I wanted to share with you how my 2017 went in a very vulnerable, raw, honest way:
Last year was tough, long, scary, upsetting, full of change (good and bad and beautiful) and just the most eye opening year for me.
January through July, I was depressed, agoraphobic, anxiety/panic attacks every night, scared of the dark, scared of crowds, scared of being alone, scared of life, a shut in, rarely went to work, stayed in bed all day, began a binge eating disorder and started therapy in April for the first time.....
The second half of the year was tough but I have gotten stronger and learned so much about myself. July, I moved two hours up north to live with my fiancé and his family, started a new full time job that I absolutely love, dealt with health anxiety, started focusing on eating better and going to the gym, found my voice again, started therapy with a new therapist, started doing the things I love again: (read, sing, write songs, dance, spend time outside, learning to let myself laugh again, smile again and love life again). I thank God every day for blessing me with my family, friends and loved ones because I don't know what I would do without them.
Human Connection and LOVE is healing
I still struggle. I still cry. I still have nightmares every once in a while. I still am hyper vigilant. My mind still plays tricks on me. I still dissociate. I still am depressed and have anxiety attacks. I am only human.
I am working on not being so hard on myself.
I am working on taking care of myself in every way.
Mental. Physical. Emotional. Spiritual.
I look at who I was on January 1st 2017 and think about who I am now as I write this and am so proud of myself. I still have a long way to go but when I look back, I see how far I have come.
I hope tomorrow morning and every morning you wake up proud of yourself.
I hope you wake up and give thanks.
I hope you wake up and love yourself.
I hope you wake up and realize you can start over.
I love you. You are beautiful.
Remember: you don't have to wait until January 1st to begin working towards your goals. You don't have to wait until Monday morning to get a fresh start, or chase your dreams. You can begin again any day, any morning, any moment.
Love,
Rose
Comments
Post a Comment